VACANT PART-TIME POSTDOCTORAL POSITION AT THE HUSSERL ARCHIVES, KU LEUVEN
The successful candidate is expected to perform the following tasks under the supervision of the director of the Husserl Archives:
- Participation in strategic planning, and shaping of policies and best practices.
- Preparation of grant applications.
- Supervision of theses on Husserlian thought, or related topics, and contributing to teaching in the area of phenomenology.
- Interaction with and support of researchers (staff and visitors).
- Assisting the director in the daily running of the Husserl Archives (including preservation and management of the collection, digitization, editorical work, etc.).
Candidates are expected to have:
- Demonstration of scholarship in the domain of Husserl’s phenomenology and/or phenomenological philosophy (PhD in Philosophy).
- Theideal candidate shows an expertise in the phenomenological research of deathand mortality with a special emphasis on the early phenomenological movement (esp.Max Scheler).
- Experience in the realization and administration of research projects.
- Demonstrated qualification to teach courses and seminars to graduate and undergraduate students, and to supervise theses on Husserlian thought, or related topics.
- Fluency in German (speaking, reading and writing).
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
- At least a passive knowledge of Dutch (speaking, reading, and writing).
- Collegiality, efficiency and initiative, and a talent for organization and communication.
We are offering part-time (50%) employment as postdoctoral researcher and a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on qualifications and experience of the candidate. The position is envisioned as a 7 months position. Details available upon request.
Applicants should submit a full curriculum vitae (including bibliography and evidence for requisite skills and qualifications) with a cover letter outlining specific interests in the position via the online application tool (link below).